and occasionally rides a bike.
A word of warning. The walk descriptions are not detailed enough to guide you - please take a map. The batteries never run out, and you always have a signal. Oh, And don't take left or right as gospel!

Wednesday, June 28, 2023

PEN LLYN - JUNE 2023 Porth Ysgo and Coastal path

 Monday 26th June

We ate breakfast outside, then went into Aberdaron to shop. 



Weather sunny and breezy.
We had coffee at the outside table in the garden.
My wander took me along the road past Groeslon, then right turn to Ysgo. 
At the junction I took the coastal path, admiring the profusion of wild flowers.




I made a short diversion from the path to the remains of the Manganese tramway building. A relic of past industrial development.





I returned to the coastal path, which led on above the beach and round to Ysgo, where I turned right past the little church, and continued.




I had a long chat with a local woman who was married in the little church and knew RS Thomas.

Back to Ty’n Rhyd, lunch of quiche and salad.

In the afternoon I had another short walk, just up to the small crossroads and back.

No comments: