and occasionally rides a bike.
A word of warning. The walk descriptions are not detailed enough to guide you - please take a map. The batteries never run out, and you always have a signal. Oh, And don't take left or right as gospel!

Monday, November 25, 2013

Hambleton peninsula anti-clockwise

Mon, 2013 Nov 25 9:56 AM GMT
Led by me, with Chris and Marion, Norma, Steph and Terry. Dry underfoot - on tracks all the way. Dry weather, cloudy. 6 miles.

I chose this walk because I wanted to avoid the mud wallows. It was very straightforward, with a snack break on a convenient tree trunk at the three and a half mile mark.

We set off down the lane past Hambleton church, and turned left when we reached the lake perimeter path.  We followed this round, crossed the road which leads to the water's edge, and continued round.

When we met the road coming in from Egleton, we walked alongside for a few hundred yards, before turning left when we met the track again - It's the one labelled "No Swimming" and "Authorised vehicles only".  

The track led us round to the lane to the church, and we climbed the short steep hill back to the village.

I have to confess to a foolish virgin moment, when I discovered that my camera battery was not charged, so I may beg, borrow or steal photos from someone else.






No comments: